Friday, June 15, 2012

Taylor Family Reunion


Even though we opted for a hotel room instead of actual camping, Holland still managed to look like she wasn’t getting three baths a day – seriously, THREE!

She had so much fun playing in the dirt with grandpa’s big yellow Tonka dump trucks and running around with her cousins Zackary and Jaxon. She would fall asleep in the car on the way to the hotel for her afternoon nap and would then do the same thing while driving back to the hotel at the end of the evening. I loved seeing her so exhausted from having such a great time.

Our family (The Eppley’s) was in charge of the reunion this year, and even though I was only able to be there for two days I could see that everyone was having a great time -  from endless kids crafts, to the mock-rodeo, to square dancing, to the “not-one-mile” hike, to horseback riding…and let’s not forget about the FOOD, lots and lots of food! I am positive that all of our planning really was appreciated. 

A big thank you to my mom, especially, for all that she did to make this reunion a success and to ensure that the tradition continues. Grandma would be proud!

And, I must say, it’s amazing how big the Taylor Family has gotten – I mean, seriously, some of my cousins are already great-grandparents! 

 
 
 

 The reunion was held June 13-16  (Holland and I were there the morning of the 13th and came home late on the 14th) so Tyler wasn't able to join us. He was at home helping his family prepare for his dad's funeral and spending time with his mom and siblings. We really missed him not being with us, but know he was where he should be. Hopefully he'll join us for the next one in 2014.

1 comment:

Melonie said...

We had such a fun time at the reunion too. Thanks so much to your mom and family for all their hard work organizing it. I love these dirty pictures of Holland. Such a cutie, even covered in dirt!