Friday, July 25, 2014

Tagg - Twenty Months

Dear Tagg,

As I look at you right now I can hardly believe that you are a month older than Holland was the day you were born. She was still so tiny when we brought you home. She adored you from the beginning (who wouldn't though?) and I'm so grateful that the two of you are so close in age and are such cute little buddies. I hope the two of you will always be friends!

At 12 Months
Weight: 13 lb. 13 oz. (25th %)
Height: 25 in. (50th %)
Head Circumference: 43.2 cm (75th %)

At 15 Months
Weight: 19 lb. 13 oz. (5th %)
Height: 31 in. (10th %)
Head Circumference: 18.8 in. (75th %)

At 18 Months
Weight: 21 lb. 14 oz. (25th %)
Height: 32 in. (20th %)
Head Circumference: 19.3 in. (90th %)

At your 12 month check-up I discussed with the doctor my concern that you weren't yet really talking. You had said "Dada" "Daddy" and "Hi", but you hadn't really said them in relation to anything, so I think you were just merely trying out sounds and babbling. Dr. Michelle Chamberlain said that I shouldn't worry, but that if you weren't talking by your 15 month appointment we could discuss some interventions to help you.

On Sunday, February 23, I was getting you dressed and as I put on your socks you said, "Socks." All drawn out and emphasizing the "S". I was so excited! I kept making you say it over and over and over. Daddy was out of town so we called him to share your new word. Grandma Lucy was staying with us while Daddy was gone...she and I thought it was the cutest thing ever that you knew the word 'Socks.' From that point on your vocabulary exploded. The next word you learned was "Outside." You now say all kinds of things, and about every 3-4 days you say a new word.

You are a really good eater, most days. Last month we were out to eat and you grabbed an entire burger out of my hands and pounded down about half of it. You love grapes, noodles, fruit snacks, cereal and milk. Every morning you bring us the entire Costco size box of Goldfish for you to snack on before breakfast. The box is half your size!

I stopped nursing you on April Fools Day this year when you were 17 months old....but it was no joke. I had planned to stop when you turned one, but well, that didn't happen. You transitioned straight to a sippy cup and even though you weren't really big on drinking much cows milk, you were really good about weaning. Just recently, like in the past few weeks, you've started asking for milk and drinking about two cups a day.

You love, love, love to be outside. Any time the door is open you run out as fast as you can and when we try to get you to come back in and sometimes turns ugly. This past month you've started throwing yourself on the ground and crying when you don't get what you want. It's so cute...NOT! But it is pretty funny. I sometimes have to walk away so that you won't see me laughing at your temper tantrum.

When outside you are usually found riding your three wheeler or Holland's scooter (even though it's way too big for you), pushing around your dump truck or lawn mower, playing with cars, digging in the dirt, or getting as wet as possible. You also love to be pushed in the swing. In fact, if Holland is swinging you always want to get in the swing too, and that sometimes turns into one of those temper tantrums I mentioned above.

Your hair has definitely lost all hints of those dark locks you were born with. You are truly a blond hair blue eyed little heart breaker. I look at you and just gush...I cannot believe how darn cute you are. Your smile brightens my day and your laugh is completely contagious. I love to watch Holland when she sees you being silly. She cracks up and then the two of you just laugh and laugh and laugh. You are very aware of the fact that you are funny and you have this sly look about you at times when you are trying to get attention. I'm a sucker for your personality!

Your favorite books recently are Railroad Toad, Thomas the Tank Engine, Goodnight Moon, Little Blue Truck, and Trains. You are really good about sitting still and listening to about three stories in a row. You can be found a few times a day in the living room sitting by the fireplace just flipping through books. You've started saying "Show" when you want to watch TV, and then you specify "Mouse" so that I'll turn it to Mickey Mouse Club House. You also say "Usic" when you want music turned on. You often climb up and pound on the piano. I really hope you'll still want to do that when we put you in Piano lessons.

Tagg, you are a cuddly baby. I love it! Sometimes you grab on to my neck and snuggle into my chest and I feel like you and I are one. It's like you've just melted right into me. At these moments I don't want you to get any bigger, I don't want you to grow up. But then I remember that every age has precious moments and I'm definitely looking forward to many more new moments with you that I know I'm going to love and cherish.

You started nursery when you turned 18 months and there have only been a few times that you haven't wanted to go. I think it's helpful that your big sister is in there with you. I think it's so cute when you and Holland come walking out of nursery together with your coloring pages all proud and excited to show them to me and Daddy.

You are down to one nap, but it's generally between 2.5 - 3 hours. You go to bed for the night about 7:30 pm and have been waking up around 6:00 am (ugh!). You were sleeping until 7:15 am, but two vacations in a row messed up your schedule a bit. I'm really, really, really hoping I can get you back on track so we can all get one more precious hour of sleep each night. Wishful thinking perhaps, but whatever it takes baby.

Buddy, it's so fun to listen to you speak lately. I love to see if I can get you to say things. Lately I've been telling you to repeat after me as I say: "I." "Love." And then either "Mommy", or "Daddy" or "Holland", and occasionally "to poop." You now say "I" and then as soon as I say "love" you immediately jump straight to "DADDY!" Little stinker. You also like to count. When I say "one" you then say "two" and then I say "three" and then next you always say "SIX!" So funny! You like to recite colors as well. You don't associate the names with the actual colors yet, but I can hear you walking around reciting "Lello. Geen. Blue." quite often. It's stinkin' cute!

Well, my little man, I love you so so so much!! Please stay cute, funny, sweet and cuddly...forever.

Love you.

~Momma



 
 

Happy Half-Birthday to Tagg and Daddy!
First day of nursery

 

"Flop-Flops" from Gma Lucy and Gpa Charlie
 


Found mom's lipstick - naughty!

That notorious hamburger
 

Taken today! Happy 20 Months, Taggart Craig!!


No comments: