Thursday, November 24, 2011

Gracias. Malo. Wir danken dir.

I have so much for which I am thankful. So many people to whom I should say 'Thank you!' And so, on Thanksgiving, my heart is full of gratitude!

It was a busy day. We had a early afternoon dinner with the Eppley's (in Salem) and an early evening dinner with the Pace's (in SLC). We ate too much food, but it was worth it to be surrounded by so many loved ones in one single day!

In the midst of this busy day, I did find myself having a few moments here and there (FYI - the only real alone time I have these days is in the bathroom) to reflect on the things that deserve my gratitude. First, and foremost, on my mind was FAMILY - the family I grew up in, the family I married into, and now the little family I have created together with my favorite man...ever!

Other things that round out my Top 10 in the gratitude department lately are:
  • Disposable diapers and an amazing man to share diaper-duty with.
  • My phone - so I can take lots and lots of pictures and videos of my baby, surf the web while nursing said baby, and talk to my mom, sister and best friend on a daily basis.
  • 6-7 hour stretches of continuous sleep.
  • The beaming smile that greets me each morning.
  • A job that allows me to work from home so that I can be with my favorite little lady.
  • The WWW - which I consult, almost as much as I consult my mom, about various baby/motherhood questions.
  • The ability to nurse - because it forces me to slow down several times each day and affords me that precious alone time with Holland. I tell Holland stories, I sing to her, she tries to escape (sometimes) and all of this together has helped develop an unbreakable bond.
  • The Exersauser and Johnny-Jump-Up
  • A hot shower - whether it's at 9am or 4pm, I'm just grateful to fit it in at some point each day.
Obviously these are simple things to most people. But for me, these days, these things are complete blessings in my life. I am so grateful...and so I give these things my thanks-giving today!

Holland sat unassisted for the first time today!
I made this little shirt for our cute little turkey!
She obviously enjoyed her meal...
 


No comments: