Thursday, May 13, 2010

Oh yeah...I bike!

Saturday, along with my sister-in-law, Lisa, I participated in the Goldilocks...Women only bike ride. It's a fully supported, non-competitive, women only, charity cycling event. And seriously...SO FUN!

There were 15, 30 and 60 mile options. We did 30 miles! The first hill was torture, the first steep downhill was a bit scary and exhilarating at the same time and at mile 26 I kind of wanted to be done. My butt bones hurt! I kept pedaling and was excited to cross the finish line. At that point, I decided that I now really, really, really (Tyler, you reading this?) want a road bike!! I could get used to this kind of cycling.

Who wants to join us next year??

Thanks to Mom, Todd, Nathan and Sheri for being there to support!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Way to go B!! You look tough girl!

James and Michelle's Family said...

I totally want to do it next year. My friends did it last year and I was planning on it, but...plans change. Let me know about next year for sure!!!!
-Michelle

Lisa said...

We can now consider ourselves bikers. Thank you so much for inviting me to do this, sorry about the monster hill at the beginning and for leaving you going down the hill. We are so doing this again. I seriously had fun even with sore parts at the end.