Three Year Stats
Weight: 28lbs (10th percentile)
Height: 3ft (20th percentile)
Oh my goodness, I just literally started crying as I wrote "Dear Taggart..." I love you so much! I'm in complete shock that you are three already, and yet, I feel like I've known and loved you way longer than three years. It's incredible how much my heart aches at the thought of my babies growing up so fast.
You are the cutest little man. Your funny side is hysterical and your shy/reserved side is so sweet. I see so much of your daddy in you - personality and looks! You are easy going and determined at the same time. Your best friend is for sure your big sister, Holland, and you want to play with her all day everyday...and yet you also love to push her buttons - like running into her and pushing her unexpectedly and dog-piling her, you know, just because.
You are so excited to meet "Baby Brother" and ask to hear his heartbeat often on the Doppler I purchased from Amazon. Best purchase ever! Only problem, you are convinced that you also have a baby in your tummy, so we spend time listening for your "baby's" heartbeat as well. It's pretty cute of you.
You give really good tight hugs that I can't get enough of. And if I ask you if you have a kiss for me you always say, "Yes." But then you just sit there. So I say, "Where is my kiss?" And then you point to your lips and say, "Right here!" Melt my heart!
You love to have your turn saying prayers and actually like for Holland to be the one to help you. You call Grandpa Charlie several times a week, just to say hi. You enjoy going to the Aquarium and getting your haircut, and you love pointing out both places whenever we drive by them - "There's my haircut!" "Look - it's the Aquarium!" You get pretty sad, sometimes to the point of tears, when we drop Holland off at Preschool on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays.
You are still sleeping in your crib, even after several people told me to give up and move you to a toddler bed. No way, Jose! You no longer climb out, which makes me happy. You still take naps, but definitely have your days of defiance where it just doesn't happen. But, a few times a week your naps are 3+ hours, so it makes up for the days that you are a stinker and scream "Get me out of here!" until we come rescue you from your room.
A little move about you lately:
- eating preferences include granola, chocolate milk, grapes, yogurt (Yoplait Key Lime "green yogurt) and crackers (Ritz "circle crackers" and Wheat Thins)
- favorite songs are The ABCs, Jesus Wants Me for a Sunbeam, and I Love to See the Temple
- words and phrases we hear from your mouth on a regular basis:
- Come on Holland
- When asked who you are you say, "I'm Taggart!" and you also like to make it clear that you are no longer a baby, but are now a "Big Boy."
- Mommy, I just love you. (my fave - of course!)
- Where's my "Liteling" (Lightning McQueen) and Mater
- Play disappear, Daddy. (which means you want to listen and dance to "Houdini" by Foster the People)
- And, while we're at it, your dance moves are the BEST! I need to get a video of it. You do this little cross your legs over each other while running in circles and it's pretty darn funny!!
- you might be slightly addicted to screens as there are several things you like to watch on the TV, Kindle, computer and/or anyone's phone, such as: Chuck and Friends, the movie "Cars", Mater Cars, Chuggington, Paw Patrol, any YouTube video about excavators, trains or heavy machinery. You also love the movie you borrowed from Grandma Lucy "The Island of Misfit Toys."
|Me and You...saying cheese!|
|Momma and her birthday boy.|
Pictures of you over the past six months: