At 4 1/2 you...
- Are 3'7" and weigh 35 lbs.
- Love to play make-believe and regularly can be heard talking to one of your "friends" (usually a Paw Patrol, Care Bear, 101 Dalmatians, Frozen, Cinderella or Rapunzel character)
- Are extremely imaginative
- Enjoy going to Preschool and really like your teacher, Mrs. Thompson
- Beg to do UpStart (online preschool program) every day
- Love to draw - especially rainbows, pictures of our family and flowers
- Just finished your first season of soccer - you loved practice but did not enjoy the games (you claimed they were so long it would make your "legs tired" after the first 15-20 minutes)
- Are so excited for your dance recital (Little Mermaid)...in June 2016! Needless to say, you love going to dance and definitely prefer ballet over tap
- Still nap, although only about 3-4 times a week
- Sleep in until at least 7:30 a.m., sometimes 8:00, most mornings - if you wake up earlier it's usually because Tagg is being loud
- Are anxiously awaiting your new little brother to arrive (due March 1, 2016) so that you and Taggart can play Peter Pan with him. You've decided that you will be Wendy, Tagg will be John, and the baby will be Michael (Note to me: Halloween costume ideas for next year)
- Are still a picky eater - but like strawberries, french fries, ice cream, noodles, ritz crackers ("circle crackers"), Nutella on graham crackers, Gogurt, and always MILK
- Want a Peppermint Patty anytime I offer you a treat, which you call a "circle treat"
- Like to dress yourself and come up with some really eclectic combinations some days
- Sing a lot and like to make up, on the spot, stories and lyrics to songs
- Insist on kissing Tagg on the lips every night before bed
- Really want to "go on a trip where you fly on a plane"
- Say the best prayers - and lately you pray that Taggart will "get on the potty train"
- Like to have play dates with Sarah Grace, Hannah, Caroline, Siena and Aria
- Wish to go to Disneyland every time you make a wish...and then always turn to ask me if star and dandelion wishes really come true
- Rotate through your dress-up dresses and insist we call you by the name of the dress you are wearing
- Ask when you will be five at least five times a day!
Holland, we love you so much. Please stop begging to turn five...time is already flying by too fast!!