Tuesday, March 5, 2013

The Sweetest Word

Mommy

I seriously LOVE the word 'mommy.' In fact, it just might be my favorite word ever. Just hearing Holland say it makes me more happy than I can even begin to explain. I've never smiled more about a simple word. I've never wanted to hear a single word spoken more than I currently want to hear this word!

"Mommy."
"Thank you, Mommy."
"Please, Mommy?"
"Look at that, Mommy."
"Hear that, Mommy?"
"Where Daddy, Mommy?"
"My tummy, Mommy." (Meaning her tummy hurts...but we think it's a fake out.)
"I love you, Mommy!"

I hear each of these, and many more, several times a day. And it never gets old. I love it, I love it, I love it!

"Watch TV, Mommy." (Okay, this one is not my fave.)

Even when I heard, "I hold you, Mommy!" shouted over and over tonight (long after she had gone to sleep), I still had to smile.

Tonight I went and picked her up and let her hold me...and loved hearing her ask, "Milk, Mommy."

The sweetest word I've ever heard is definitely "Mommy!"




No comments: