Monday, May 5, 2014

Our Cowgirl is THREE

I gave Holland several theme options for her birthday party. She quickly responded, "Yes, yes, yes!" when I mentioned a cowgirl/cowboy party. And so the planning began. I love planning a party, and I love it even more when it's for such an excited and gracious birthday girl. She asked me several times a day for a week, "Is it my party today?" And so, on the day of the party when she woke up and asked, "Is it my party today?" I was happy to finally say, "Yes, yes, yes!"


The kiddos in attendance:
Holland (the birthday girl)
Taggart (although he was whisked off for a nap shortly after the party got started)
Zackary Stimpson (who flew in from Texas!)
Carson Matsalla
Siena & Aria Glover
Caroline Sadler
Aubrey & Mim Bjorklund
Reece & Kennydee McKelvie

The adults in attendance:
Me and Tyler
Grandma Lucy & Grandpa Charlie
Tina & Emily Stimpson
Sheri Glover

And now, before I go any further, I owe a HUGE shout-out to my parents. Seriously, they are ALWAYS there for me, no matter what I ask of them. My dad made wooden stick horses so that each child could have one to take home. My mom helped with set up and night before party prep. I am so blessed to have the best mom and dad in the entire world!! Thanks for everything, mom and dad. I love you!

The stick horse races were by far the favorite activity. Holland kept yelling, "AGAIN!" There was also Pin-the-Mustach-on-the-Cowboy, and a Coloring Corral where the kids colored pictures.

There was also FOOD! S'more pops (marshmallows on a stick dipped in chocolate and crushed graham crackers) , Mud (chocolate pudding with Oreos and a gummy worm), Hay Bales (rice krispy treats), Tractor tires (mini chocolate donuts) and bottles of milk and water.

This was Holland's first friend birthday party. It was so cute to watch her open the gifts and hug her friends and say "Thank you" after each gift. She was so excited...and so grateful. Love her!

When I asked her what her favorite gift was, she said, "Cake!" Funny girl. The next day she revised her response to, "My scooter from Grandma and Grandpa, Cake, and Chalk."

 





 















After all was said and done, I asked Holland if she liked her party. Her response, "Of course. It was fabulous!"

No comments: