Tyler had to go to an event in California this last week, and at the last minute, okay - like two days before he was supposed to leave, he suggested that we all go. I mean, a family road trip to California sounded so fun anyway, but add to it that it was a quick decision made it seem even more exciting. And it was...
We left Wednesday afternoon and drove until the kids started losing it, literally. We found a room at a Superl 8 in Fernley, Nevada at about 10:30 p.m. Tyler checked us in and when he opened the door he saw that the room hadn't even been cleaned. One of the beds was still unmade. When I told the manager he questioned me to the point of walking down to the room to see if I was telling the truth. He switched us to the next room and as Tyler was putting the sippy cups in the fridge, he happened to ope the microwave and found that their was still food in there. Gross! At that point I was bugged, but wasn't in the mood to move rooms again with two kids that needed to get to bed. I did demand a discount, so the next day they took $15 off our bill. I guess something is better than nothing!
Thursday we drove to Plesanton, California. Brandon and Janette moved there about a year ago. Janette and Eli were home, and we happened to get there around noon. Janette made us grilled cheese, soup and salad and we sat on their back porch and ate and let the kids play. There new house is so cute! It was much warmer than I had planned on, so by the time we snapped a pic both kids had removed their shirts. Classy!
Next stop was our hotel in Salinas, which was the nearest place Tyler could find a reasonably priced hotel near the event, which was in Monterey. It was a Motel 6 and they put us in a room with only one bed.
We left Wednesday afternoon and drove until the kids started losing it, literally. We found a room at a Superl 8 in Fernley, Nevada at about 10:30 p.m. Tyler checked us in and when he opened the door he saw that the room hadn't even been cleaned. One of the beds was still unmade. When I told the manager he questioned me to the point of walking down to the room to see if I was telling the truth. He switched us to the next room and as Tyler was putting the sippy cups in the fridge, he happened to ope the microwave and found that their was still food in there. Gross! At that point I was bugged, but wasn't in the mood to move rooms again with two kids that needed to get to bed. I did demand a discount, so the next day they took $15 off our bill. I guess something is better than nothing!
Thursday we drove to Plesanton, California. Brandon and Janette moved there about a year ago. Janette and Eli were home, and we happened to get there around noon. Janette made us grilled cheese, soup and salad and we sat on their back porch and ate and let the kids play. There new house is so cute! It was much warmer than I had planned on, so by the time we snapped a pic both kids had removed their shirts. Classy!
Next stop was our hotel in Salinas, which was the nearest place Tyler could find a reasonably priced hotel near the event, which was in Monterey. It was a Motel 6 and they put us in a room with only one bed.
No comments:
Post a Comment