Monday, November 25, 2013

Tagg - One Year

Dear Tagg,

ONE YEAR!! Are you kidding me? Time has gone way too fast. The good news is: I've enjoyed every second of it. Thanks to this blog (and Instagram) I can relive all of my favorite moments whenever I want. Man I love technology! But not nearly as much as I love you, my little man.

You are weighing in at 19.4 pounds (10th percentile) and you are 30.3 inches long (50th percentile). You still wear Size 2 diapers and your 6-12 month Robeez baby shoes. I've started putting you in 12-month clothing, but to be honest, they are still big on you...I just can't resist putting new little outfits on your cute little body...so really, you mostly still wear nine-month clothes.

You had a a few big certificates of progress this month. And here they are, in no particular order, because really, I'm your mom and I think all big moments in your life are just that, BIG. How am I supposed to say which is bigger than another? Well, I guess I could...but for this post, I'm just listing them. Got it? Okay - don don don....here they are:

  • First hair cut! (November 9) Just as I suspected, you suddenly look like a little boy rather than a baby. I love it! We went to Cookie Cutters, a salon specifically for kids. The chairs are little cars and planes and they have movies playing for the kids to watch. And, most importantly for boys, the clippers are pretty much silent! You didn't cry or cringe one bit. So proud of you!
  • You sleep through the night...in your crib! You sleep so well, at night and for naps. You go to bed at 7pm and wake up at 7pm. You go down for a nap at 9am, and sleep for about 1.5 - 2.5 hours, and then nap again at around 1 or 2pm depending on when you wake up from your morning nap. The length of your afternoon nap is completely unpredictable.
  • You walk! Yes sir, this past month you've been walking around while hanging on to furniture and stuff., and then, just a few days before your birthday, I was holding you (in Grandma's and Grandpa's family room) and went to set you down when you just took off walking for eight steps. Not one, not two...eight! I was so shocked, couldn't get my camera fast enough, and then felt bad that daddy wasn't there to see your big moment. Along with walking, you've mastered climbing up the stairs. And thanks to Grandpa Charlie and your Great Uncle Steve, you are getting pretty good at scooting down the stairs as well (but I still get nervous watching you practice this skill.)

Little man, here are a few more things that I want you to know about your little self from this past month. You definitely prefer to feed yourself these days and are pretty good about trying new things. However, you definitely prefer Go-gurt and yogurt, string cheese, bread, graham crackers and green beans. The things that keep you busy most days are pushing around/walking behind your fire engine push toy, wrestling and body slamming (literally!) Holland, taking baths and showers (especially with Holland), and you still love your one-on-one time with mommy. You are still nursing four times a day (in the morning, before both naps and before bed).

You are the happiest little baby I can ever remember meeting. Your smile is just the cutest thing ever. Even if you cry, you end up smiling pretty quick. It's almost unbelievable how darn happy you are!!!

Taggart Craig - I love you tons! Daddy and I love watching you grow and can hardly wait for all of the adventures we are going to have together. Don't forget to keep smiling!!

Love you,

Mommy











No comments: