Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Conversation with a Tub Toy

Holland to Mr. Turtle, while in the tub:

Hi turtle.
Oh, you are soooo cute. 
Can you help me?
Can you help me find a box of wood?
And the wiggles?
<pause>
Oh, you can?
That's soooo great!
Horray!
Amazing!
Thanks turtle. 

Then she turned to me and said, "Mama, I wanna backpack." (Meaning, she wants a piggy-pack ride)

And that was that. Conversation with Turtle was over. And tubby time was over. 

The conversation had hints of Dora The Explorer. Hmmm...perhaps she's spent a little too much time on the Kindle while I've been working full-time, covering for my co-worker/friend while she is on maternity leave. 

Two weeks to go, and  then screen time is going to hopefully decrease. But I hope cute little conversations with toys continue...



No comments: