Tuesday, May 13, 2008

You look just like your mom...

I get that A LOT! When I was younger and people would tell me that I looked like my mom I first thought they were crazy, and then I wouldn't know how to respond. It's not that I didn't want to look like my mom. It's just that when you are young you see your mom as "old" and think that people must certainly be on drugs if they think that someone old and someone young could possibly look the same. It seemed ridiculous!

And then, there were the times when I thought that there was no way I would ever end up like my mom. You know? I thought for sure I would be smarter and know how to handle things in a better way than she possibly could. Turns out: I was SO WRONG!!

I've always loved my mom! I just had no idea at Age 12 that I could ever understand and know her so well. Our relationship has made my love for her grow to a size that I can't ever completely or accurately express.

And now, when people say, "Oh. You look just like your mom." I say, "THANK YOU!" And when the thought crosses my mind that I might end up like my mom, I think, "I certainly hope so!"

4 comments:

Tiffany Clay and London said...

Oh my gosh!!! I had no idea that you had a blog. YAY now we can keep in better contact. I've been meaning to call you and see how life is, I still will call :) I freakin miss you! I'll call you this week sometime!!!!

Andi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Andi said...

Ditto on all of it...

There's no getting around it, so why not embrace it?

Tiffany Clay and London said...

you need to update your blog!!! :)