Thursday, October 8, 2026

Today

​This morning started early. I woke at 3:30am and could not go back to sleep. By 4:30 I was so frustrated that I decided to take a bath to see if that would help relax me. Tyler walked in at 5 and said he’d been awake since 4:30. Ugh!

Tagg decided last night that he wanted to wake up early and ride his bike on the trainer in the theater  and he did!

Yesterday was a hard day for Holland. Her AP classes are getting hard and Cross Country takes up a huge part of her afternoon. It all just came to a head yesterday and she was so overwhelmed. I told her that sleep comes first! So, we snuggled in her bed and chatted about the importance of balance and how what seems like an insurmountable problem now will not last forever. I told her to sleep in an extra 30 minutes. So, at 6:45 I woke up Holland.

Holland and Taggart both needed to be to school by 7:30. Taggart was going in for a math test retake. I made Holland a small lunch (in case school lunch didn’t look appetizing), filled up her water, and helped to make her morning smooth. 

Q, unfortunately, gotten woken up and that started a meltdown for the next hour. He claimed he didn’t sleep all night. Hmmm. Not true, but maybe that’s how he felt. When I finally convinced him that eating would help him feel better (waffles), he was suddenly energized and feeling better. I drove him to school so that he didn’t have to rush to catch the bus. 

Tyler left for a bike ride with Erich Hoelzer at 8:30.

I hit ready for work and cleaned up the kitchen.  

I went to work from 9:30-1:10. I left 20 minutes early because I was so bored out of my mind. Sheri worked from home and Todd left to get lunch and go golfing at 11. 

I ran to Hobby Lobby to get some thank you cards to thank everyone that gave me birthday gifts. As I was standing in line I remembered that Q gets out at 1:30 all week and Tyler was still in Heber on his bike ride. Dropped the cards and ran to my car. I got home 30 seconds after Q walked in the door. Whew!!

Q had Cinnamon Life for an after school snack, which I would normally veto but I’m so tired today!! Then he and I walked to the Frandsen’s to see if Emmett can play. Michelle showed us the addition they just finished above their garage and the 9 seater golf cart they bought yesterday. 

Q and Emmett decided to come play at our house in the fort the boys built during Conference this past weekend. It’s sprawling and impressive. 

I picked up Holland from Timpview at 2:30, but she didn’t come out until 2:45 since she was finishing an assignment. Once she and I got home we made a block schedule of all the homework and studying and piano practice she needs to get done. Hopefully this will help alleviate some of her stress. We’re an hour in and she is doing great!

Tyler and I played a game of Rumikub. Tyler won! I really dislike when I lose. I get so hugged when Tyler gets a wild tile and keeps it until the very end. 

Tagg got home at 3:10 and also had a bowl of Cinnamon Life. Q called my phone from the Alexa downstairs to see if Tagg could come play. Just as Tagg got down there Tyler remembered that they needed to take the garbage cans in. They have a little job where they take the Kennedy’s and the Moulton’s track in and out each week. 

Then they decided to play flag football. Then Emmett had to go home so the nuts went to play at Lincoln Bird’s. I asked them to be home at 6  

The boys walked in the door at 6.

I made Tater tot Casserole. Pretty sure I’ve not made this even once since being married. I feel like I had it often when I was growing up. Tagg loved it, as did I. Q ate the tater tots. Holland and Tyler ate a bit and quietly left the table. Not a winner dish I guess.

We did scriptures and prayers because we aren’t all going to be home at the same time tonight.

Tyler and Tagg went to American Grove to buy some bikes. Holland, Q, and I went for a walk. Holland debated whether or not she wanted to go to the final home football game tonight. We ran into Julia Evans and then she and Holland decided they both want to go to the game. Game started at 7. They left for Timpview at 7:45.

Q knew he was going to bed on time, if not early. He took his vitamins, showered, brushed his teeth, and got on some clean underpants. He asked me to wash his face with a warm washcloth. He loves that!

He’s been sharing a room in the basement with Taggart, but has been sleeping upstairs in his old room because he doesn’t like being woken up by Tagg’s alarm.

Q and I snuggled, sang “You are my sunshine” and snuggled some more. I love snuggling my babies!! I left his from at 8:05.

Tyler and Tagg got home and Tagg got ready for bed. He’s not sure if he wants to go early to finish his math test tomorrow. I guess we’ll see in the morning. We snuggled and chatted. Tagg forgot to out his  ands on his braces. He had to get those on!

Holland got home at 9 and is getting ready for bed. It’s 9:41 and I just told her, “It’s time for bed!”

I’m going to go snuggle her and ask about her day. Then, since my face is already washed and my teeth brushed, I’ll read scriptures, pray, and watch a little TV with Tyler.

Good night!


No comments: